Technical and General English for Engineers
The overall aim of this workshop is to prepare students to interact in an international engineering environment. Upon completion, the student should have reached a level B1+ (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Understand the content of clear standard speech on topics in the student's field of study or personal interest.
- Understand straightforward factual information.
- Understand and give an accurate account of authentic texts of a scientific nature and provide main conclusions. Understand the difference between informal and formal language.
- Interact with others and get your message across politely. Build clear lines of argumentation and follow the main points of extended discussions.
- Communicate accumulated factual information on topics of personal interest or within the student's field of study, work and topical events.
- Orally summarise texts of a general and/or specialised nature.
Course main content
- English grammar
- Vocabulary for engineers and scientists
- Reading and discussion of short texts of a scientific nature
- Speaking English in small groups
- Listening comprehension followed by discussion of audio material
- Units: 12 Units
- Price: € 65,00
- Dates: 4 dates - 6 pm to 8.15 pm
This course does not take place in the summer semester 2018.
- Lecturer Parjeet Singh